How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony_Infotech Your Own Question
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 14758
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
Type Your TV Question Here...
Anthony_Infotech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 42 in Plasma Panasonic tv. None of the HDMI inputs

Customer Question

I have a 42 in Plasma Panasonic tv. None of the HDMI inputs work. I am guessing from surge recently. How difficult are these to replace?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is ***** I was on EBAY. Is their a HDMI input board I can replace.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.



The board is very easy to replace its an plug in board held to the chassis by about 4 screws and yes HDMI failure is a very common issue with modern sets, your country of posting has not come up but I am guessing you are in the US so what you need to do is this

You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the partnumber try first, if they dont have it google the partnumber to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)

Let me know if you need more info

A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar with this post thanks again


Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Only use ebay as a very last resort

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the quick response. I called ShopJimmy and they no longer will be carrying this part. Any other vendors you suggest.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

You do need to use the part-number found on the board itself you can't use the model number as there are 5 variants of this board all none interchangeable, when you get that google the part-number vendors will appear

Let me know if you need more help