Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have the 37lc7d lg tv light on buy no picture

Customer Question

i have the 37lc7d lg tv green light on buy no picture
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, with the described symptom of "...no picture..."; is the screen all blue, black or white?

Even if there is no picture is there still sound? And is the symptom commonly observed on any setting source; TV, DVD player, cable or satellite receiver, others? ...including when attempting to display the MENU?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the screen is black and yes on all settings no sound just the green light
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.

Appreciate the additional information; i.e. black screen, no video, no audio. This would then be an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am familiar with both very familiar with both
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
im planning tofix to fix it myself if it is possible
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.

Great on the DIY!

Thank you for allowing me time to compose my reply and reference the Service Manual.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no thx
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.

Proposed preliminary checks (if have not been tried) ould be with the different voltages at the pins of the connectors. The expected voltages would normally be printed/stenciled on the board itself. Also please check the power supply board which should be something like EAX32268301 or 14 EAY38669901.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

A friendly reminder; voltage measurements by its very nature requires that the unit be plugged in and therefore LIVE! Please exercise due care and caution.