Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My remote would not turn on or off tv. Called DISH and they

Customer Question

My remote would not turn on or off tv. Called DISH and they sent me a new remote.Same
thing.I can change channels get guide and menu but nothing else No volume control no
on or off. I can work controls on the back of unit and they all work fine. Any ideas ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, since TV works for on-off and volume level through control buttons on back that means remote sensor failure in TV as it doesn't receive remote signals any more and swapping the remote sensor (IR Sensor) board in TV will help to resolve this issue. Please check following link to view IR Sensor board image which will help you to locate it in TV if working on it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-3642-0072-0189-ir-sensor.htm#

and please search/google it with the part number written on the board that would be like 3642-0072-0189 (17116710612) to get price and stock info to order it. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.