Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung Plasma Model: PN50C450B1DXZA. It has sound

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Plasma Model: PN50C450B1DXZA. It has sound but no picture. I replaced the Y Main board and the buffer and now the picture only shows up in the bottom of the screen. I replaced the Y main board and the buffer a second time and its still
giving me this problem. I would also like to note that the top 3 ic's on the buffer are cold. What can it be?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I have few questions to troubleshoot the issue.

Are you talking about y-buffer board that has 8 chips and top 3 chips are cold?

Did you get any change in TV symptoms after swapping y-main and y-buffer?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
out of the 8 chips the top 4 actually are cold and the tv originally had sound but no picture...after I replaced the boards now the picture only shows up about 1/4 of the bottom of the screen.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, Please check all five ribbon cables are plugged securely in logic control board (in center of rear of TV) and into related boards, if all looks OK then swap the logic control board which would be available at following board supplier.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=PN50C450B1DXZA

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The five ribbon cables are plugged in securely and we just tried it with another logic board and we still get the same problem.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, then next suspected board is x-main board, please swap it to see if you get normal picture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I don't have one of those I will order one asap and I'll let you know what happens
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, please take your time and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.