Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a tachi 42HDS69 tv that shuts down after several

Customer Question

I have a Hitachi 42HDS69 tv that shuts down after several hours of use. The top portion of the tv, front and back get very hot. I removed the back and found all kinds of dust, mostly on the fans. Blew it all out, put it back together and it worked fine. The fans ran very slow at first and gradually sped up. There's not much air flow coming out of the back, but there is some. Any thoughts?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

If you leave the back panel off, or even point a box/room fan at it, will it run continuously that way?

Offhand, it sounds like your fans may be failing (bad bearings, worn motors, etc) which can happen with age and accelerated by the dust buildup.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll let you know when I get the new fans installed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** know if you need help finding parts, etc.