Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I just replaced my dlp chip on wd 65738 now the status light

Customer Question

Hi I just replaced my dlp chip on wd 65738 now the status light is blinking orange and wont turn on
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you.

Flashing orange status light error code indicates that lamp cover sensor switch is open because lamp cover isn't in place at back of TV or lower back is still not put back on TV.

Please put rear lower cover of TV back on TV and if it is in place then make sure lamp cover is installed on it securely OR push the small blue switch near the lamp housing manually to close it, this will tell the TV that lamp cover is in place and turn On the TV.

Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.