Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I replied yesterday and have not heard back, I gave credit

Customer Question

I replied yesterday and have not heard back, I gave credit card info 2 times please reply
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

Hello, your previous question isn't visible, please provide details about your TV symptoms to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Samsung hpt5054x/xaa plasma, sound turns off so I turn power off and back on sound turns back on for 1/2 hour then turns off again
I have disconnected the surround sound and it still does it
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

OK, do you get sound from TV speakers now?

What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is direct tv input and it happens with all or nothing
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

OK, have you tried to unplug TV and Directv box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check sound output?

If problem still persist, please connect another video source such as DVD player to TV as a test to see if sound problem occurs while DVD playback or you get normal sound?

This test will help to confirm if the problem is within TV or not.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am running through a HDMI cable should I change to rca cables?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

No, HDMI cable is just fine, have you tried above two suggestions?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no but HDMI will only plug in 1 place
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

ah OK, you are asking about DVD hook up, right?

Sure, please use RCA cable to hook DVD player to TV for sound test.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will do this it will take awhile for the test.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

No problem, take your time and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No the sound still turns off.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

OK, this test confirmed that problem is with in TV and either audio processor chip isn't getting correct 12V from power supply board to function correctly or processor chip has got internal failure. Please check 12V output of power supply board and if 12V is OK then swap the main board of TV, this is one that has all video inputs of TV and sound processor chip is located on that board, main board part number would be BN94-01418A or BN96-07202A that can be confirmed written on label pasted on main board in TV to search/google to get price and stock info to order it.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.