TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have Telus satellite tv and one of the three TV's that are

Customer Question
connected is not working properly...
I have Telus satellite tv and one of the three TV's that are connected is not working properly. When turned on it says "please stand by for the satellite connection". It does a lengthy countdown and sometimes it eventually connects, but it has deteriorated and now won't connect at all. The receiver info on the front of the box is "Telus 6400T and HDMI Dolby Digital". Fred Callaway
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
9/3/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hi, The TV itself doesn't have a "satellite connection"- the satellite is connected to the Telus box provided by Telus. Your TV is simply displaying the information sent to it by the box. Since the message is stating: "please stand by for the satellite connection"- this means the box itself is no longer able to connect due to a hardware issue in the box itself (or in some cases a compromised connection from the satellite to the box). Since you pay Telus for this service, you would call the phone number on your bill and have them swap out the box that is having the problem.

There is nothing you can do on a user level, and since this is the satellite company's "Owned" equipment- they are responsible for swapping it out when it becomes faulty.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

NOTE: If this is a multi-TV box (meaning it feeds all three TV's), then this indicates that one of it's outputs is faulty- and the same applies in this case- have Telus replace the box.

Do you need any further assistance with this? If not, could you please click a 5 star rating for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Aric, Technician