TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Cant get Sony DVD player to work with new Sony tv

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/3/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Does the DVD player have HDMI output?I would think the TV would have HDMI input

Let me know please, if you do not understand please get me the model number of the DVD player found on the back of it thank you

Regards

Anthony

Both have hdmi ports and hdmi cable is plugged in

OK so what you need to do is select the input with the TV remote it will be termed input or source or EXT or AV or just HDMI and you may need to cycle the button (continually press)until you get through the player

Let me know how far you get with that info

Thank You

Anthony

I am sorry I do not use the phone call facility just answer uses its far better to text so we know what has been said

I cant "tell" you over the phone but by reading you can understand better

You simply need to get the TV to "see" the input of the DVD player using the input button on the remote if you do not know where that is please let meknow thank you

Blu Ray DVD just lit up but cant get drawer to open

You are now indicating something is wrong with the player and its not a hook up issue, if that is the case switch the unit off for 5 mins from the wall then restart back up again

Will unplug DVD for 5 min and be right back

ok

Unplugging and plugging in again got it playing- FM THEORY I GUESS(ha ha) Thanks, Fred

That is great news Fred!

Please let me know if you need more info

Please could you rate the answer positively so I receive credit from the site there will be a rating bar with this post thanks again

Anthony

Sure, No Problem.

Thank You there should be a band of a rating of stars or smileys please fill in and press submit or finish thank you

If you need anything else just let me know thanks again

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician