Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My tv was working fine when I turned it off. Came home and I

Customer Question

My tv was working fine when I turned it off. Came home and I have power, sound, but have no picture on my 50" LG TV. I have tried all the power disconnects and reconnect with no avail. ??
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.
This is not an answer so do not rate it.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's a 50PG 20.. It has no picture on any of the inputs .. But can't really tell if it's switching or not.. Have dvd, and sat hooked to TV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The TV powers on as normal and has sound. Volume works fine just no picture
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for TV model number, working on your TV answer and get back to you in 10 minutes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

This kind of problem occurs due to failure of scan boards that are known as y-sus and z-sus, mostly y-sustain goes out and some times power supply board also become defective as high volts section fails that provides volts to scan boards. It needs further troubleshooting with multimeter to determine what board is defective to get it replaced.

Please check following board supplier link to see if they can provide required replacement board if you wish to repair the TV yourself as currently thy have out of stock because of this TV age...

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=50PG20

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.