Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

0 I just replaced the DLP chip on my HL61A750A1FXZA and was

Customer Question

Hi 0 I just replaced the DLP chip on my HL61A750A1FXZA and was trying to figure out how to align the picture
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.

You need to leave the back off the tv, tape the lamp door switch, loosen the dmd board just enough to allow it to move and then tighten it when the picture is aligned. Please have a look at this video that shows you how to align the dmd board:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUhzXCpxkAo

___________________________________________________________________

PLEASE, before you go be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks - we actually figured out how to mess with the alignment through trial and error (and the service menu), but the picture is "bigger" than the display area still... so there is maybe 5% of the picture that is outside the viewable area - any advice on that?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.

ALL projection tv's have this. It's called overscan and it is normal.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well - I am familiar with overscan - and I think this is a little beyond that. Some menus are clipped off... I expect a 1-2% overscan naturally.... but again, this is a bit more extreme and is noticeably visible with content.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.

Some models have setting is service menu for

Vertical Size

Horizontal Size

take a look

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK - I found the position settings, but couldn't find size. I will look again.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.

ok