Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My apple tv won't go on. I put it on, use the correct input

Customer Question

my apple tv won't go on. I put it on, use the correct input and it keeps saying "select another input"
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The Input message you're receiving is generated by the TV- not the Apple TV box, and it means that either the HDMI cable is not secure or faulty, or that you have the wrong Input selected on the TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

"Select another Input" means the TV senses nothing at all from the one it's currently set to. So if you've already checked the following:

1) The HDMI cable is tight on BOTH ends.

2) The TV is set to the Input you're plugged into ( for example HDMI 1, if HDMI 1 is plugged into).

Then we need the model number off of the back of the TV, and also which Input you are plugged into.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need assistance with this problem please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.