TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

We are in a fifth wheel, being relatively new to this we

Customer Question
have not hooked the Haier...
We are in a fifth wheel, being relatively new to this we have not hooked the Haier TV L39B2180D to cable till yesterday. We have let it scan channels, I have entered air, and cable setting without any luck.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Seems like it wants to scan channels all the time . As soon as we turn it on. It also shuts itself off in 60 seconds after scanning
8/27/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. I need additional info about TV to troubleshoot the problem.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

- Is it coax cable plugged into antenna pin at back of TV?

Thanks.

The tv is secured to wall in camper we haven't been able to take it off to see . We have had air tv in past with no problem. .we hooked up to cable and have no cable . If we unhook cable line we still have no air tv

Thanks for the info,

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

I have unplugged waiting a few minutes

OK, please take your time and reply back with the result.

Ok after plugging it back in the first thing that came on was please rin channel auto scan

OK, and running channel scan (either cable or antenna) doesn't bring any TV channel, is this correct?

I have ran scan numerous times nothing comes in.
We were told to turn booster off for hooking to cable. I have tried both ways with no results

Thanks for the info.

It seems TV tuner mounted on main board has failed for some reason that is why it has become unable to receive signals through antenna or cable. Swapping the main board will help to resolve the issue, required main board is available at following supplier for $40

https://www.encompassparts.com/item/9257118/Haier/TV-5210-774/Mainboard_Module_T.ms3391.a3b

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Hi, do you need further assistance with this question?

Thanks.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician