TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Samsung tv model #UN46B8500XFXZA. I have 3 devices

Customer Question
Hi. I have a Samsung...
Hi. I have a Samsung tv model #UN46B8500XFXZA. I have 3 devices connected via HDMI: 2 Directv receivers and a blu-ray player. A few weeks ago, I started noticing a periodic flickering of the upper 1/3 of the screen on one of the inputs. Since then, it has started doing the same thing on all the inputs (including a 4th input after changing the blu-ray's input).
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
8/25/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu flickering as well please in its top half?

Anthony

The flickering is not constant. It happens periodically. It is not doing it right now, so I can't answer your question re: whether the tv menu is flickering too.

I understand... OK because that is important as a check I will leave this with you ,please make the check because that check will tell me a lot about the problem, get back to me when you have completed the check thank you

Anthony

Will do. Should I get back to you by simply replying on this chat?

Yes that is correct I may not be able to answer immediately but will when I see your post thank you

Hi Anthony,
Monitoring the tv since Tuesday, it has not done the intermittent flickering. I will continue to monitor this weekend and report back.
Thanks.

Dan yes these things can take time let me know

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician