TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My 39 inch (diagonal) Samsung is about 7 years old. Model #

Customer Question
My 39 inch (diagonal) Samsung...
My 39 inch (diagonal) Samsung is about 7 years old.
Model # *****
It suddenly developed a problem. When I first turn it on, it is very bright with a bright white appearance. You see very little color or even shapes at first. As it warms up, the color re-appears. But, overall, I do not think the color is as good as it was.
This happened suddenly.
Is this a sign of serious failure?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
8/25/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. I need additional info about TV to troubleshoot the problem.

- Does TV display normal picture after some time or keep showing washed out image?

If picture becomes normal after some time then it would be failing capacitors on power supply board problem and if picture stays washed out (high bright less contrast) then I'm afraid it is LCD panel failure which is serious issue because LCD panel replacement would cost more than new TV price of same size and at this point you would be better off with a new TV.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician