Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Sound but no picture on my tv

Customer Question

Sound but no picture on my tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
55PFL3907/F7, just cable box connected through hdmi cable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phillips is the brand
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.
- Does screen show any light/glow when turn On the TV?
- Does TV menu screen come up if push menu button on TV or its remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a little bit of light, no thr menu does not come up
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

Since screen has backlight yet no image/ display or graphics appears that points to t-con board failure that provides video data to LCD panel circuitry, t-con board would be located under metal shield at top or bottom center of rear of LCD panel, swapping the t-con board (also know as FRC, frame rate control board) is only option to proceed, please check with following board supplier to get required identical t-con board..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=55PFL3907%2FF7

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.