Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I purchased my tv in 2011. After about 2 years I started to

Customer Question

I purchased my tv in 2011. After about 2 years I started to have a problem with the tv cutting
off on some commercial. I've contacted Vizio more than three times and we have tried everything.
It works for a while but then it goes back to cutting off again.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Are you viewing your cable programming from a Box- and is that box connected with an HDMI cable?

If so, that is the most common and likely cause of this problem, since the commercials are being processed in the cable box, and are of a higher magnitude in signal. You would first want to replace the HDMI cable and if the issue persists beyond that the cable/SAT box would need to be swapped- as it's sending excessive DC from it's HDMI port.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The reason this points more towards the "Source" than the TV, is that you mentioned it occurs during a commercial- the TV does not know the difference between a movie, a broadcast or a commercial, but the cable/SAT box does process each of these signals a bit differently and would be the culprit causing the TV to shut off.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Can you reply back- are you using a cable/SAT box? If not, then the TV itself is at fault and this requires a component be replaced. I'm doing my best to assist you, but without two way communication- I don't have much to do on.