Conrad
Conrad, Technician
Experience:  Training on many types of consumer electronics, training on Sony Samsung and JVC
13527695

My lg tv won't turn on the red light blinks acouple times

Customer Question

My lg tv won't turn on the red light blinks acouple times then stays off
Category: TV
Expert:  Conrad replied 2 years ago.

I',m Conrad and I'm here to help. Can you tell me the number of times the light flashes?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
3 times
Expert:  Conrad replied 2 years ago.

OK it sounds like a power supply problem. Do you know how to use a digital volt meter to take some power supply voltage readings?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but don't have one on hand
Where would I take the readings n what should they show
Expert:  Conrad replied 2 years ago.

The connectors on the power supply are labeled to show you the correct voltages. LG also had a problem with the harness going from the main board to the power supply board and sometimes just unplugging and re-plugging the harness at both ends with fix the problem temporarily. Try that first to see if it helps.,

Expert:  Conrad replied 2 years ago.

Before you replace anything check with LG as there is a service bulletin concerning the defective wiring harness and they may cover it under warranty.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay I unplugged the boards n still the samerhing
Expert:  Conrad replied 2 years ago.

Try wiggling the connectors while trying to turn in on. If you still have nothing, I would suspect you are missing a power supply voltage.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I contact LG
Expert:  Conrad replied 2 years ago.

http://www.lg.com/us/support/contact-customer-support OR (800)(###) ###-####/strong>

Expert:  Conrad replied 2 years ago.

I would see if you can get the harness replaced first by LG as they can fail and cause problems

Expert:  Conrad replied 2 years ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thanks
Expert:  Conrad replied 2 years ago.

Be sure and let me know if there is anything else. Thanks for allowing me to assist you today! If you are happy with my service, I would appreciate a positive review. If you are not, let me know what I can do to help. Thanks again for using Just Answer and allowing me to assist you!