TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have the following error message with a samsung led tv…

Customer Question
I have the following error...
I have the following error message with a samsung led tv un46c6300 "error main board has been changed please to into service mode and setup below options type font color option"
I have tried to get into the service mode and can not.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
It seemed to start with this error after i attached an android tv box to the hdmi. I have 4 hdmi ports and everyone I tryed with this tv box it caused it to fail. Now I can't plug other devices into the tv hdmis.
8/22/2015
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
What type of Android TV box is it?
It seems that the box may have damaged the main board on the TV.
To get into Service Mode, use the original Samsung remote that came with the TV; press Source and select HDMI, then turn off the TV using the remote, and press the Info - Menu - Mute - Power buttons in quick succession after each other.
I have found many codes on the internet. Every access code combination. I have tried them fast and slow with no luck of seeing the service menu. I can hold down the exit for 15 seconds, and I get prompted to reset. From reading more posts it sounds like cable boxes will poor power or bad ground knock out hdmi ports. Is there a capasitor or something that can be replaced? The Error On Start Up Suggest The Board Configuration Has Changed. The box that seems to have started it was an android mxq box. It may not be the reason but a symptom. I used the tv box on an older tv with no issues. An hdmi is an all digital signal the main board should be robust enough.
Did you try the method I suggested, to enter service mode on your TV?
Ok, let me see if the other experts have any idea on this one.
I got into the service menu with mute 1 8 2. Did a factory reset and the problem still persists. So I assume you can configure the hdmi ports to reset.
My exact pannel number is ***** on the list LTJ460HJ03-F. If you move the F there is a LTF460HJ03 listed with a type 46A1UF0E. I should use this one? The model code is 6300S so font color D W Gray. Just want to verify before I change settings.I didn't chang any other settings.
From what I found on the internet some devices can cause the HDMI port to become overwhelmed causing this issue. What do you think? If this is true the android tv box would be the culprit. All other connections were working for a long time. How would you suggest protecting the tv against this issue?
Thanks
TV Technician: TV Tech1, Technician replied 2 years ago

type 46A1UF0E. Yes that would be the one you use.

As for the HDMI issue, that android could have caused >>a specific<< HDMI to only respond to the android causing it to only allow the android to function, and ignore all others. I have seen that happen on some HDMI inputs. The other equipment should still function on the other HDMI inputs. That's what I have seen. If you test it this way, do you find the other HDMI ports usable, or did the android cause the other HDMI inputs to stop responding to your other devices?

It happen after I introunced the android tv box to hdmi 3 then periodically I would see the tv shut down and turn back on when using the android tv box, hdmi 1 and 2 continued to work normal. Then after a few days I got that error main board had changed intermittently but hdmi 1 and 2 continued to function. So I switch to hdmi port 4 and got the error again. Then I switched the android tv box to an older tv and it seemed to work fine. So I was confused. Just to test throughly I thought let's connect the box to hdmi port 1 on the samsung tv. This caused the error to be permanent and me to start researching this issue. My xbox and LG home entertainment system have never had any issues with the samsung tv. I had seen posting about cable boxes having this issue because of bad power supplies. I would have thought the digital signal to an hdmi port would be robust. Maybe a bad grounding would cause this issue?
I have never used justanswer.com but have been hearing about cround sourcing as a great resource.Thanks

So you replaced the main board and the same thing happened to that one??

I never replaced the main board. It was just the settings were some how currupped by plugging in the tv box to the tv.

I've seen entire HDMI inputs fail one at a time..The HDMI controller just dies. There's no magic on/off/reset switch. I wish there was, because I'd get them done same day and off the books. Have you checked your TV firmware is up to date? Android TV is not high up the list in priority updates. I'd make sure the TV is updated before replacing the main