TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have had my lg tv 10 months. Purchased it at costco. It

Customer Question
I have had my lg...
I have had my lg tv for about 10 months. Purchased it at costco. It works beautifully until 2 weeks ago a store demo advertising lg services started appearing on the edges of my screen and rotating every 10 seconds and I cannot remove it. Please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
8/21/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Please double check the model number and post back. The one you posted is not quite right.

The model number is ***** a sticker on the back of the TV.

The reason I need this is that it's not a simple one push of a button, there are settings we need to get into in order to remote the DEMO mode.

Model Number 55LB6100

Thanks, ***** ***** pulling up this model right now.

With the LG remote, pull up the Menu on the LG and scroll down to OPTIONS

Change Store Demo to Home Use.

Let me know if you run into problems.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

If options is not there then SETUP would be where the DEMO/HOME use option is located.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?

There isn't an option mode

I also mentioned this: If options is not there then SETUP would be where the DEMO/HOME use option is located.

there isn't a setup button on remote. I can list the buttons. there is the following buttons; caption,av mode,ratio,input, list, flashek, fav, info, mute, settings, ny apps, netflix, qmenu, sleep, vd/*/tv that is all except the ok button

No, No setup button on remote- Setup is in the MENU- use the MENU to get to SETUP.

no setup in menu list

Okay the thing is that all of these TV's have a "similar" way to get the Demo model off. However your TV does not have it's owner's manual posted since it is an "E Manual" meaning you can access the manual yourself using the remote. So therefore I am not able to find the intimate method to get to Demo/HOME.

So, if you could let me know- what options show when you press MENU and scroll all the way to the bottom of that list?

will do be back shortly

Okay thank you.

MenuList: Aspect ratio 16.9, vivid picture, smart sound mode, stereo sap, sleep timer off, energy saving off, caption off, av mode off, add del/add and the last one is eject usb device

If you press Settings on the remote, what options do you find?

under settings: language, service country setting,
zip,
caption off, standby off, set universal, live plus, network connection, network status, soft av, wi-fi direct,mirancas intels widi, my tv name, 55LB6100-UG
55LB6100-UG is different than the first no. I sent in that it has UG on the end. Will that make a difference I hope?
Aric, Technician