TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I bought a 7" Viore just security cameras, but I cannot see

Customer Question
I bought a 7" Viore...
I bought a 7" Viore just for framing security cameras, but I cannot see the camera when I run a cable from the camera output to the A/V In on the Viore. Do I need some kind of adapter? thanks!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
8/21/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?
sorry...yes I am here

Hello ,i would have a few questions ;

About the camera , how is it powered , is it a separate power adapter or is it through the video cable ?

no, just a red and white from a 12V supply

O.k then and did you ever try anything like a dvd or even and old vcr on that tv prior to connecting a camera ?

How about the camera , did you try it on another monitor?

By the way , if the camera has its own power supply then the video coming out of it should be visible on any monitor or tv that has a video input so to answer that question , no you don`t need an adapter

already seeing the camera on the DVR monitor. just pulling the BNC going to the DVR and plugging in to the Viore monitor A/V In expecting a picture but not getting one.
maybe my cable is bad, although I've tried 2.
I'll keep trying. I agree with you. I should get a picture since I know the camera is sending good video to the DVR

o.k then you do have a CCTV dvr ??

Usually those do supply the power to the camera through its coaxial cable

If the video signal is good at the dvr then it should also work at this small tv and again that is if the camera is being powered separately .

I would suggest trying something else into that TV's video input

Just to make sure it is set on the correct input and functional

ok, thanks
No problem , much welcome.
Give it a try and if the tv proves to be defective or you cannot get it working then lookup the model number on the back cover , might be able to figure something with it.
If that answers your questions for now please do not forget to rate so i get paid for my time helping you or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician