TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have Viore RPT50V24DX/SMS and the lamp went was really dim

Customer Question
then went out. I replaced...
I have Viore RPT50V24DX/SMS and the lamp went was really dim then went out. I replaced the lamp and it worked for a day. Now the lamp light on front comes on then goes to standby/temp and no lamp light. I replaced lamp again and no lamp light and same symptoms. I measure 7.6vdc from from lamp power supply. Is that the correct output? What could be wrong.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/16/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

That is not the correct output, but can you tell me where you purchased that replacement lamp from?

Amazon Philips BP96-0172A bare lamp

What did you pay for it- $35 or $100?

$79.80

When are you testing the ballast output (the board that connects to the lamp)? Is it after the TV is turned ON?

Also are the fans running?

Fans are running. The one for the lamp and the smaller one for a pcb I think. It acts strangely but I think it on when I test the output. Should I be looking for DC?
There is a sort of interlock switch for the lamp cooling funnel. I depress that when on but it doesn't seem to matter either way

Yes DC. You need to press the power button once, and then test the output at the lamp terminals. However lamp door must be closed (or at least lamp trigger switch must be engaged).

Also, do you still have the old lamp? If so can you put it in the set and see if the TV powers on with a dim picture?

There's also a switch behind the lamp door. Nevermind those and put the old lamp back in, then close the lamp door. Let me know what happens.

The original lamp, that was dim, was tossed. I only have the new ones. Neither work now but the very first one did shortly

Hello, Are you saying you have two receivers that both exhibit the same exact symptoms?

No, just two new lamps. Neither work in the TV

Sorry the site popped up my answer from another question to yours- please disregard the last reply.

I ordered and installed a ballast and still no lamp. I need some help troubleshooting the system. I'm currently not near the unit but once I get off work, I can try whatever advice you have.
Aric, Technician