Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Vizio 2006 TV I turn it on and the button stays on

Customer Question

I have a Vizio 2006 TV I turn it on and the green button stays on for about 10 seconds then it goes off, help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. When did this issue occur- was the set ever hard to start in the past, or shut itself off?

Were there any storms or power outages just prior to this occurring?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The reason I'm asking is that these symptoms are a hardware failure in the set- not something that can be corrected via any settings or adjustments. The most common cause of this issue is a weak/failing power supply board- which can be purchased and replaced. If you're a DIY type and comfortable removing the rear of the set, you can replace this yourself. If not, then a shop will typically charge $200 parts and labor which is not cost effective on a 37" set this old, since it can be replaced with a brand new LED TV for just a bit more than the repair cost.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.