Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Sharp LC60C6500u the arrow light is blinking and there is

Customer Question

My Sharp LC60C6500u the arrow light is blinking and there is no picture. What should I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

Does power light flash in specific pattern like 2 fast flash then 2 slow flash, pauses for few seconds and repeats the blink pattern?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

Please count/check the blink pattern and reply with the info as it is an error code that will tell the problem section in TV.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One blink is longer and the second one is faster. The screen is black
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

OK, this error code (1 fast - 1 slow) indicates lamp failure that means backlight system problem in TV, we can try few things to determine what is causing the problem to get it resolved unless we have bad screen in TV.

As first thing, unplug TV power cord from wall for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn TV On and check.

If problem persist then while holding down the “VOL Down” and “INPUT” buttons on TV at a time, plug in the AC cord of the TV to turn on the power. Does screen show letter 'K'?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The tv went on after pressing Vol Down and INPUT buttons then went off blinking as before
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

OK, did the screen glow/ showed backlight or any graphics appear while TV stay On for a while?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Word Sharp blinks and the tv went off
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

OK, please unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for a minute, while holding down the “VOL Down” and “INPUT” buttons on TV at same time, plug in the power cord of the TV.

Does screen show letter 'K'?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No letter "K" but only Sharp!
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

OK, since Sharp logo screen appears for a while that means backlight system is working and main board turns it Off for some internal reason, swapping the main board in TV will help to resolve the issue.

Required main board part number is ***** that can be used to search/google to get price and stock info to order it if you are planning to replace it in TV. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.