TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Old Samsung LN-4692 has no sound now... XTS sound system

Customer Question
problem?...
old Samsung LN-4692 has no sound now... XTS sound system problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
CORRECTION... SRS TrueSound XT sound system... using HDMI inputs.
8/11/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?

Hello Jack... hope you can help me

Should be able to do that but first note this before we get started ;
Website charges if you ask for phone call = $18 ADDITIONAL ( not total ).

That being said , i would have a few questions ;

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable converter box,dvd,games etc. ?

PC only

You only have a PC connected to the tv or you mean this chat on PC only ??

Just decline the phone offer that pop-ups then

What is connected to the tv ?

could we continue this way ?

It seems the phone request failed

we can try on the pc im using here now with it hooked to the TV

sorry but the phone call is not working and in any case this may be much simpler than you think so please just tell me whats at the other end of that hdmi cable ?

Is it a cable box , satellite receiver etc. ?

PC ... Ive tried two different PC's and it seems the TV doesn't see anything hooked up nor the PC screen... its showing red X on PC desktop speaker

sorry but your original question was about a sound problem and now we are talking about PC`s so I will opt out now .

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.

Thanks but I think the TV is supposed to be visible to the pC when you plug in the HDMI cable... the TV seems invisible to the PC
Also there is no sound when I switch TV source to AIR and expect to hear hash noise because of no antenna signal ??
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I'll follow up with you here, please reply back on this original question. I'll close out the other new one as a duplicate, otherwise you're charged again.

Do you have anything other than a pc that you can test with the tv? (dvd, cable, etc)

Many pcs are not capable of outputting hdmi audio (sound card / video card limitation) so that may be the primary issue here.

I did have sound with PC and HDMI for some time but not now... I can pro hook up a blue ray if needed

It is more of a pc limitation that I'm referring to than a tv issue,

if you used the same pc successfully before, then I'll take your word for it.

If you have a bluray handy it would be nice to test that as well. With the digital tuner, you won't usually get any sound (even hissing/static), just silence when no signal.

got it... hoking up Blu-ray now with HDMI... stand by ?

Sure thing, take your time.

Please try testing BOTH hdmi ports as well.

There is a dvi audio setting (for the 2nd hdmi port) that can cause it to look for analog audio input instead of digital/hdmi audio. If it happens with no sound on both ports, then it would isolate this to being a tv fault rather than a setting or source device issue.

yessir... testing HDMI 1 with Blu-Ray now
Yu nailed it Nathan... HDMI 1 working fine with Blu-Ray input...good sound
Now what to get PC back inlne?

Great, glad to hear that part os back on track.

Next, try pc on hdmi1. If not detected, be sure you've enabled the 2nd/ monitor output on the pc (extend/duplicate) and be sure the resolution is set to 1024x768 (remember this is an old tv and can't handle 1080p)

yessir... standby
Tried HDMI-1 and PC but sound is still a problem...tried all sound setting properties in Win 7 that I could

Rather than looking in the sound properties, try looking in your video card properties for a hdmi audio function.

If all else fails, you can always keep hdmi for video, and run a separate minijack to stereo (red/white) from the pc to the tv for the audio.

Nathan...I think you nailed the problem to my PC setup and the TV still has good sound capability.
I thank you and will definitely submit excellent review in your behalf.

You're very welcome, if you need any more help with ordering other cords, dvi audio settings, etc I'm happy to advise further.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Nathan, Installer