Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Greetings Tech My 2012 Vizio remote is dead and it looks

Customer Question

Greetings Tech
My 2012 Vizio remote is dead and it looks like there is no place to insert batteries. That probably means the battery was built in. I don't have the model number but it appears to be a VIZIO smart tv Qwerty keyboard remote.
I can purchase a similar Vizio Remote but the seller states it needs batteries. So I need to know if its possibly similar enough to work with my Smart Vizio TV.
http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-keyboard-remote-xvt3d554sv-tv-This/dp/B00DK0VBTQ/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A8PB69I1KHE1P
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.

Hello

Welcome

Thanks for the Question

How do you know for sure the remote is not working please?(even though it may not operate the TV it could still be OK)

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony,
None of the Vizio remote buttons function. Specifically, I was using Input button to change channel signals from Netflix (TV) to regular TV (HDMI channel 1). Now the Input button does nothing.
The On/Off button also does not work. And there is no place to insert batteries.

I do not use justanswers telephone service thank you its not beneficial and will cost you another $18

I need you to check the remote by doing this, its for a sony but is for every remote control

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39305/~/how-to-test-if-a-remote-control-is-sending-an-infrared-%28ir%29-signal.

Please click the above

Let me know if you see a light from the remote

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony,
No infrared light appeared in my cell phone camera. I held down several buttons to see if the light would appear. And there is no way to replace batteries on this unit (VIZIO smart tv Qwerty keyboard remote), Are you familiar with my remote?

OK is there a remote control code on the remote itself.......there must be a way to replace the batteries

If there is not I will need for sure the model number of the TV found on the back of the set itself

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anthony,
No code on the remote itself. I searched thoroughly. As we speak, I am trying to pull the unit apart.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Funny, I have a $1500 flat screen hanging on the wall with no way to make it work.I can't pull the remote apart. On most things there is some indication where to pull out the tab to insert batteries. I give up. Thankyou.LaVonne

Giving up wont help you

You can get the model number from the owners manual if you still have it?

You see if I dont have the model its not poss to help as there are many many models of vizio set all completely different from one another

In one way or another