TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a samsung tv ln84051d. after approx. 15 min. the

Customer Question
I have a samsung tv...
I have a samsung tv ln84051d. after approx. 15 min. the screen goes black. the sound is still good. I changed the backlight inverter but the problem still exists
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/9/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Is that a LNT-4051D Please?
Anthony
On the tv is says LN8 4051d
Anthony,Are you still there?
No it can't be that it must be something else please re-check the model carefully
The model number says LN84051DModel Code LN84051DX/XAAI checked it again
There is a "-" between the letters LN and the 8. Could the 8 be a funny S

Its LNS 4051D

OK so you changed the inverter however there should be two

Let me just check that

I only change one. Where is the second one. I have the back of the tv cover off

I cant get to www.shopjimmy.com please go there input your model number and have alook if there is two separate inverters let meknow

I have been having trouble for days to log into the site

It may be under the metal of the chassis .....a warning problems with the backlight on these sets usually mean the backlight ITSELF is bad

I brought the part from shop Jimmy. There is only one metal chassis.

There is only two voltages to check one is the powersupply from the powerboard around 27vdc the other is the 5vdc supply from the mainboard if both are up then in most cases its the back-light itself and that is not replaceable

No the metal of the chassis it may be UNDER that , thats why you cant see it

If only one inverter is listed at shopjimmy then it must be one

I took the metal chassis off and put the new part in. 3240WTC4LV0.% LCD TV.. I replaced it with the same part number on the old one.
That was a 5 not %. % was a typo

Have you got a meter to check the voltages?

I do. But I don't know how to check it. Can you give me direction?

There will be one plug on the inverter from the powerboard you need to set the meter to low volts dc around 30vdc and the black lead goes to metal chassis red lead to each pin of the plug until you read 27vdc (during the fault condition you can do it at the powerboard end, and one lead will be coming from the mainboard do the same with that until you read 5vdc on one of thepins during the fault condition, if they are up you have a bad backlight a common issue with these now ageing sets

Let me know if you need more info

A positive rating is appreciated thank you

Anthony

Some of the pins read 2vdc while others jump between 1 and 15. the 2 reading is steady but the other reading keep jumping

Your doing something wrong check the pins first when the set is running OK and then when the back-light goes out , I can almost certain say though it will be the back-light, the checks are just so the power-board is supplying voltage to the inverters and the main-board is active 5vdc on for the inverter if they are both up its the back-light

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician