TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Why won't my Samsung 55" 3D Smart TV connect to the internet

Customer Question
anymore? I used to be able...
Why won't my Samsung 55" 3D Smart TV connect to the internet anymore?
I used to be able to use all of the Smart Hub options before. Internet interference is message I receive now when trying to connect.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
8/9/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?

I am ready now

Hello , saw that you tried just about everything and also that everyone is blaming the others so I will stay with the facts and perhaps try a few things

Right now if everything else is working for your internet then this tells me that the problem is not there .

About your tv`s internet connection , right now I assume that you tried wireless only ?

I tried using wired connection to my router/modem also.

o.k and you get the same exact message wired or wireless ?

same exact message

O.k then when I took on your question I could see a defective wifi module that cost $15 on the main board but now this is starting to look bad for the TV's main board no matter what Samsung says and of course they will blame your ISP

O.k then in that case the only possible fix I could see would be a firmware upgrade/update , did you try that ?

No I did not try that. Thought I could not do it because TV won't connect with internet to download firmware upgrade.

USB drive is the other option .

Go to the link below and scroll down to "download " and click on " view all /firmware " next to it and start by reading the " Firmware Update User Manual " and give it a try .

Here is that link ;

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN55D7000LFXZA

Take your time with this and let me know later on how you are doing

How do I get back with you after I try this?
I have not done the USB drive in a long time. I have a new one to use now. Can you give me a few easy instructions on how to transfer info from computer to USB drive, and from USB drive to TV?

Get the firmware user manual at the link I gave you and it will explain it better than I can , its all there .

What you need is a usb stick/thumb drive /usb key , many names but all the same , look at the manual and let me know if there is something in there you don`t understand

OK I will start working on it right away.
How do I get back to you after that?

You can leave this open but also , You could log in justanswer and go to the tab above that says "my questions" , click on it and you will see this post .
You can also make yourself a shortcut on the desktop or copy this link;

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/86389674e8d94ad68616f63bfa7786fb

Right now I`m hoping that the problem is software related and a firmware update may clear a corrupted internal software , we`ll see

For the upgrade itself go back to the first link I gave you

Thanks. I'll follow above instructions and get back with you later when done.

No problem , good luck with that and if that doesn`t do it then we`ll look at "plan B"

I called A T & T again. They said that the firmware needed to be updated by Samsung and gave me a different number to call. I called & was able to get the firmware updated with the help of the person I spoke with. I used the thumb drive to transfer the update.
Unfortunately, the internet still would not connect to my TV. A service call by a technician was suggested.
As you mentioned, either the wifi module or main board might be the culprits. Do you have a ballpark idea of price for the main board?
I appreciate all your help. Will get back with you after service man calls with appointment.

hello again , yes i can do that .

Are you online right now , if so then please send me a reply

This link will give you an idea of what the main board can be bought for if you were to get it directly from Samsung ;

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BN94-04355B.aspx?model=UN55D7000LFXZA

And this from independent parts suppliers ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn94-04355b-main-board-for-un55d7000lfxza.htm

The wifi module itself can be bought for $15 and I was waiting for your reply to give a try to that next but if you do have a service call appointment then your local tech. will verify that .

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate so i get paid for my time helping you or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .

here is the wifi module ;
http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn59-01130a-wi-fi-module.htm
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician