TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I would like to upgrade the flash player software on my

Customer Question
Hi i would like to...
Hi i would like to upgrade the flash player software on my samsung sq02 as it does not play any movies from my usb
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
8/9/2015
TV Technician: Shefin,
 replied 2 years ago

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please let me know the operating system (E.g. Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7), so that I can assist you better.

Thank you.
S H E F I N

Im not looking for computer software .im looking for my samsung tv
Please refer ,me to someone who specializes in samsung tv . thanks
TV Technician: Shefin,
 replied 2 years ago

Please go to the link below, download Smart Flash and copy it to a USB drive.

http://smarttvflash.com/

Connect the USB drive to your TV and follow the instructions on the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuv98HhIZVw

The video shows, how to download and install the flash player.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

I am unable to download from this site, because i need to complete an offer form to unlock the site..and there are no offer form available for my region so the page remains unlocked.
TV Technician: Shefin,
 replied 2 years ago

I apologize that I cannot contact you by phone.

I will Opt out the question, so that you can consult the issue with other experts.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Thanks Shefin...no one has contacted me yet though.
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
If you are in UK region then go to following Samsung link and download Upgrade File (USB type) under Firmware along with upgrade guide that contains detailed instructions for it that might help to upgrade flash player software in TV because firmware upgrade is only option to do so..
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LE40B554M2WQXU
If you're not in UK region then do not try above firmware upgrade file and reply back with your country name to find out proper firmware upgrade file for you, please reply back with the result.
Thanks.
Hi Shahid, thanks for your advice..I live in Seychelles.. I tried downloading from the site and i was able to download and i followed the instructions..but when i put the usb on the tv with the update and i try to update , the tv says that no available update was found..What next?? Thanks

OK, did you follow the instructions mentioned in upgrade guide like unzip upgrade file and how to copy on USB memory stick, also is the USB memory stick formatted on FAT32 file system?

to all of the above...i actually have been able to get a update file on this site that worked. But it updated from my 2002 version to 2005..but even after updating to 2005 it still don't recognize movies on usb.

OK, have you tried to play those movie files on different TV, if available to see if files are OK?

on my other tv they work fine..ive been looking at a few posts concerning this..it seems that its very common with samsung that their upgrades does not work.....if i could get the latest upgrade for the LE40B554m2wqxu then maybe it might solve the problem

I wish there was another upgrade file as available file on Samsung link is so far the latest one and if it didn't work then I would suggest an alternate, get a USB media player device and connect it to TV, plug USB memory or drive into device to keep watching movies as that device can play many known video format files, please check following link to select and order any of your choice..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=node%3D199624031&field-keywords=usb+media+player+for+TV

This way you wont need to upgrade TV firmware for flash player software etc, I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

i understand that you want credit for your work and i greatly appreciate all your help, but i find myself with the same problem that i began ... i will lose my money if i click finish and thats not fair..i dont want a media player. Please allow someone else to help me..

OK, no problem, I'm opting out to open the question to others on website and hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you.

Thanks.

Thanks Shahid for all your help...i really appreciate.
TV Technician: PCman2015,
 replied 2 years ago
PCman2015

Samsung Firmware upgrade

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/tv/firmware.html

Hi thanks for trying to help..i had given up..the link you sent do not have upgrade for LE40B554M2WQXU
PCman2015
PCman2015
PCman2015