Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Wd-65833 not working. I'm getting 120 reading to the ps.

Customer Question

wd-65833 not working. I'm getting 120 reading to the ps.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

What about the power light, status and lamp lights up front. What are they doing? Lghting or not?

Do you hear a relay click when you attempt to power it on?

Do you hear your fans in the back? How about your color wheel making it's subtle wheee sound and the lamp in back arcing?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is zero going on!! Sometimes I think I hear something click but it isn't consistent!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried to read the voltage of the black and yellow connector that goes to the fan or lamp, and I'm not getting anything.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

V38 with a 915P061010. 2470-opt 2457-adj.

That yellow/black wire pair should have about 340 Volts DC if my schematics are correct. However, that is controlled by a relay. Relay won't engage if the Micro doesn't turn it on. Pressing the power button on the TV set didn't get the power light to turn on, so it must be an issue with the power supply standby 5 or 12 volt circuits and/or the micro.

You have the V38 schematics of your TV set ? Any skill in working with electronics? You need at least some basics like repairing car wiring etc to trace your power supply board and main board.

Did this get hit by a storm?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both the power supply and the main board are new, unless there is an issue with one or both of the new ones.I don't know what happened. I came home and the tv; plugged into the power strip was out, and then cable box plugged directly into the wall was out. Everything else in the strip is/was fine and working.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Sounds like you did get hit, storms /surges take out selectively...not ALL equipment. Any fans running after you press the power button? No 340 Volts usually points to the main board not sending out turn on voltages or the power supply not supplying relay voltages. That's what we need to figure out.