TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a westinghouse tv and it was turned off and now won't

Customer Question
turn on, no light looks...
I have a westinghouse tv and it was turned off and now won't turn on, no light looks like no power, I pulled everything out as in power cables hdmi etc and nothing
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
8/7/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.
Shadid, I 'm getting this info for you right now.

No problem, please take your time.

Okay so I can't get the number as it's on the wall and it's too heavy to move and I can't find the booklet that came with it. is there any other way

I understand, without model number my answer would be generic and may not be precise, please rpely back if it is acceptable to proceed.

I don't have much choice
all I can tell you is that it's a 46 inch LCD HD Flat Screen Westinghouse

OK, there are two possibilities for this kind of problem, either power supply board isn't providing volts to main board due to internal failure OR main processor chip isn't working mounted on main board which controls all TV functions including power On-Off, this could be either failure of main processor chip or EEPROM (memory) chip that stores TV firmware data thus main processor chip doesn't boot up.

You can check output volts of power supply board with multimeter to see if it provides standby 5V DC output that is necessary for main processor chip to wake up, if standby volts isn't available then replace power board in TV which will help to resolve the problem.

if standby volts are present then main board of TV will be replaced to get the TV up and running, please check with following board supplier with your TV model number to get required replacement board..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician