How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aric Your Own Question
Aric, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 44446
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Type Your TV Question Here...
Aric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Aric. My pictire wnt out while i was watching tv. It faded

Customer Question

Hello, Aric. My name is***** pictire wnt out while i was watching tv. It faded with a fuzziness and then went black. I have sound but no picture. What can i do to fix it myself? Can I fix it myself?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello Donna and sorry you're having problems. This issue is most commonly caused by a failure with the power supply board in the TV. Regarding whether you can fix it yourself- that all depends on what you're comfortable with? Are you comfortable removing the back of the TV and using a Multi-Meter to measure some live voltages (they're not high voltages- and they are in DC not AC, but you'd still be working within a live TV)?

Or, the layman's approach is to purchase and swap the power supply board out- since it's the MOST likely and common cause of this problem.

If either of those solutions do not work for you, a shop will typically charge $200-$225 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the link below:

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?