Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Why would the volume on my tv not stay on? There appears a

Customer Question

Why would the volume on my tv not stay on? There appears a bar at the bottom of the tv when the bar leaves I can then use the volume control to raise the volume. I do have a cable company that says its the tv I doubt that
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you have any other devices there, such as a dvd player, game system, etc?

Do the issues happpen with those other sources?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
NO NOTHING ATTACHED
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Do you use a cable box, or just basic cable (no box, coax straight from wall jack to the tv)?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WHY WONT THIS GO THROUGH
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THERE IS A CABLE BOX
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Why won't what go through?
This is an ongoing conversation, I need to get more detail from you to be able to help.

I need to know if you use a cable box or basic cable.

If possible, I need you to test another device with the tv (even if you just borrow a dvd player or different cable box from another room temporarily).

I also need you to confirm the modle number of the tv, neither of what you sent are valid.

Can you still adjust the volume with the actual up/down buttons on the tv itself (even when the remote won't work)?

Lastly, please describe the "bar" on the tv. Is it the volume indicator bar you're seeing? An advertisement? Or something else?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
NEVER MIND i WILL HAVE TO HAVE SO MEONE ELSE GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU AT A LATER DATE i AM NOT TECHNICAL NO NOT CHARGE MY VISA NOTHING WAS DONE
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

I can't help you without this information. You've already been charged the full amount you agreed to, to correspond with me up to this point, so it would be in your best interest to continue.

We can talk by phone, if that is easier for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Iwent and bought a new tv do not need your help I was not happy with all the questions I did send you the correct #s on the back of my old tv and you said they were not right.I will not be paying you any money since you did not help
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the update.

Have a nice day.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it said if I was satisfied I was not I will not be paying any amount to you
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

You are not and have not paid me anything.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. As I have not had an opportunity to get the requested information from you to provide an answer, I was unable to help further.

You paid the full agreed upon amount to the site, in order to communicate with me. If you wish for a refund, you may contact customer service.

Best regards,