TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a panasonic tcp50s30 tv. I am getting a 6 blink error

Customer Question
code....
I have a panasonic tcp50s30 tv. I am getting a 6 blink error code.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
8/3/2015
TV Technician: TV Tech1, Technician replied 2 years ago
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician

Usually the SS board causes the 6 blinks, not the SC board. Have you watched the front of the plasma panel to see if it lights the panel first? Did you check the power supply to see if you have your 15 Volt supply working?

I have the 15v and 5v supply measured on the sc board but only for 3 seconds before the power supply shuts off and we get error blinks. I can not tell that the panel is lit during that 3 seconds but I do have the LED indicators on the SC board and the SS board on for that 3 seconds. I have a another SC board and SS board coming this week. The service manual troubleshoot chart only indicates replace both the sc board and ss board if you have LEDs not lit on these boards; however, no one has explained the 3 seconds of power to me yet. I originally thought the power supply was bad since I didn't think I had any power and replaced that board only to get the same results. I realize now the original power supply was doing the same thing for 3 seconds. Your help is appreciated.

I have a another SC board and SS board coming this week. The service manual troubleshoot chart only indicates replace both

Make sure you replace BOTH before applying power. Some chassis warn you about that issue. That's because the 3 second shutdown pattern occurs when the SC board goes bad and hurts the SS board too.

You see the SU/SD board pair connected to the SC board? Same thing with those pairs...you remove both for testing and reconnect both, or they blow up. You can remove both and see if those lights stay lit.

When I disconnect the SD and ss boards and power I get power on for longer than before like 5 seconds. Neither sc or ss board leds light during this time. After shutoff gave a 7 blink code not 6. Are su SD boards blown? Anything else I can check before I put in new ss and sc board?

You see the SU/SD board pair connected to the SC board? Same thing with those pairs...you remove both for testing and reconnect both, or they blow up. You can remove both and see if those lights stay lit. They are located just to the left of the SC board. Just unplug the boards from the SC, you can leave the ribbons connected that come from the plasma panel, but disconnect that SC board entirely. Do this test with the board you have installed, not your boards that are being shipped. See if the present boards stay on or not.

When I disconnect su and SD boards the lights on the sc and ss boards don't come on.
No I do not have this jumper device. Is it just a straight connection between the 2 pins which I could without a store bought device.

yes,i use a jumper. DISCONNECT THE SU/SD BOARDS COMPLETELY 1st

After disconnecting the SD and su boards and putting a jumper bt sc50 I still get 3 secs of power and then shutoff and 6 blinks error. Does this tell us anything? I have new sc and ss boards tomorrow I can put in.

It doesn't tell us anything more than we already knew.

OK. I put in my new sc and ss boards tonight. TV comes and stays on which is good. No error codes. BAD NEWS....there are purple splotchy patches along the left and right side of the screen now. I cleaned the ribbon connections on the ss board and sc board with alcohol but it did not help anything. What do I do? Is this perhaps a calibration issue? Since the bands are not solid from top to bottom of the screen I don't think they are a ribbon cable. The look more like a paint spill than a straight even band.One other thing I noticed the new sc board I received is a TNPA5351 1SC and the original one I took out is a TNPA5351 2SC. Your help is greatly appreciated.

There should be a VS and Va adjustment on the TV's power supply board. Va usually doesn't cause that splotch, but VS may need bumped up -- up to 10 Volts higher than the voltage printed on the TV PANEL. I'll have to also check the Vsc voltage usually found on the SC board for Panasonics. I usually find that on LG and Samsung plasmas, and adjust that too. But I'm not 100% sure it exists on Panasonic. But those 2 voltages usually get rid of the "paint spill" issue. Tweak the Vs first, then set it back to the ideal voltage and try the Vsc if you find it on the SC board. Minimize the spill with each adjustment, favoring the Vsc on the SC board.

Ok I have adjusted the Vs voltage and it decreases the splotches alot but they are still very muich there more like a sparkling paint spill of many colors than solid purple however. There is very limited adjustment and I have gone as low as I can down to 207v. There is no more adjustment on the pot. I can go up as high as 220v but that makes the splotches much brighter. I really need to know what is happening here. The only other thing I can think of is the sd and su boards. Additionally, the ss board and sc board were used off of ebay buy were confirmed tested as working and purchased from tv dealers with almost perfect records and thousands of transactions. Please lookup some panasonic tcp50s30 specific info and get back to me as I'm starting to think this tv may be done for. SD and SU boards are not very expensive but would like to know they could be the problem...? What are the possible causes of this....?

No, the SD and SU will not fix this issue. it's got to be the Vsc voltage. Usually increasing the VS voltage reduces it, but in your case it seems to increase it. Set your VS voltage back to what the panel lists on that Tag. Can you take a picture of the panel at that voltage and then use the paper clip button above your response box to ADD that picture? If that paper clip button doesn't show up, go to IMGUR - you can post your picture, then copy the hypertext and paste it to your response.

I can not find anything that adjust the Vsc voltage. There are two pots on the p board one is the Vs voltage. The other I don't know what it does or where to measure that voltage. Lastly, I have not been able to find the tag everyone talks about with the voltages listed. Where is it located on this model? Also, where is the Vsc adjustment located?Once I know what I'm looking for I can send photos, video whatever.
I'm still wondering if the sc board I put in his TV may not be the right one. What I took out is a TNPA5351 2SC What I put in is a TNPA5351 1SC. Can you confirm the compatible sc boards for my model tcp50s30.

TXNSC1MNUX is the Panasonic part number, the board number for that is TNPA5351AM. Vscn and Vad are both created on the SC board from the Vs supply and use a SMPS regulator circuit creating a fixed voltage, thus non-adjustable.

See picture --

TV Tech1
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician