Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a JVC Model HD52G886 television. When turning the

Customer Question

I have a JVC Model HD52G886 television. When turning the unit on it turns its self off with the blue indicator lamp flashing as does the red led. Pulling the main power plug for a short period of time (30 to 60 seconds) may or may help when plugging the unit back in to the power. Usually going through the previous procedure 3 times, the unit will power up and work fine until the next time the unit powered off to on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Any repair/ part replacement done to TV in past?
- When did you replace lamp last time in TV?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced the lamp approx. 3 to 4 months ago
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, where did you buy that lamp from and what was the price?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Direct from JVC, prox $ 225.0
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, do the Lamp and Power lights blink alternately or simultaneously on TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Simultaneously I believe.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, flashing lights error code indicates either lamp cover isn't installed properly on TV after lamp installation or the lamp is failing. Please remove lamp cover off of TV and put it back and tight the screw to push the lamp cover detection switch.

If problem still persist then I'm afraid it would be defective lamp, please get the lamp receipt and call JVC to ask lamp warranty to get replacement lamp.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for you assistance. I'll give the lamp cover a try followed by the lamp change. If that doesn't work , it's off to Costco or Sam's.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks and good luck!

Shahid.