TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Vertical lines right side of samsung plazma screen. each

Customer Question
line is about 1.5 inchs...
vertical lines right side of samsung plazma screen. each line is about 1.5 inchs wide and runs the full hight of the screen
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
8/1/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Is it possible to take good picture of TV screen and post it here so I can view the vertical lines problem which will help to diagnose the it bit quickly?
Thanks.

Thanks for picture, I'm working on it and get back to you in 15 minutes.

Just wondering where we are at with this? You said 15 min little over an hour ago. Just let me know
My bad, I apologize on my mistake.
Problem seems with E Buffer board which is located at left corner of bottom of panel if looking at it on rear side and back cover is removed.
Please check following link to view E Buffer board image and part number info that can be used to search/google to get replacement board price info..
http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn96-14982a-e-buffer-board.htm
I'm taking picture of connectors and board location in this TV and will post it in 5 minutes which will help you. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Please check following link to view an image of exploded view of board location in TV and E Buffer board is marked with red arrow..
http://i.imgur.com/QXVVS8M.jpg
Again, I'm sorry about delayed reply.
Thanks.
Is it possible that its the connections just need to be cleaned? Either way thanks for your help
Also, is there any soldering that I will have to do or is it un plug and plug in the new one?

Board replacement is plug and play type work, no soldering is needed and yes, unplug ribbon cables on E Buffer board, clean the contacts of ribbon cable, replug and check if it helps or need to swap E buffer board, another possible suspected board is logic control board which is rectangular located on center of rear of panel and five flat ribbon cables are plugged into it.

Do you need further assistance for the question?
Thanks.
I will be able to look into it later tonight and will message again if I need anything else.

OK, so got progress by cleaning the connections, nice!

Please check the ribbon on sides of screen where the black horizontal line appears and clean the connections, reply back with the result.

Thanks.

I actually did this before you responded and it worked. The only issue left is the pink haze. I ended up turning the VS Volt up and pretty much took it away. Since I assume the pink haze will come back again at some point, what part would I replace to get rid of the pink haze?

I hope pink haze would go away in few days as plasma panel tends to leave burn mark with stuck lines, please make sure to adjust the Vs volts as per printed on label pasted on back of panel. Glad to know that problem is resolved.

Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Shahid.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician