Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Vertical lines right side of samsung plazma screen. each

Customer Question

vertical lines right side of samsung plazma screen. each line is about 1.5 inchs wide and runs the full hight of the screen
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Is it possible to take good picture of TV screen and post it here so I can view the vertical lines problem which will help to diagnose the it bit quickly?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to up load the pic earlier but it would not load. Hope it works this time.FYI: I picked this tv up at a garage sale know it had problems. So I dont know all of its back ground
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for picture, I'm working on it and get back to you in 15 minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering where we are at with this? You said 15 min little over an hour ago. Just let me know
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
My bad, I apologize on my mistake.
Problem seems with E Buffer board which is located at left corner of bottom of panel if looking at it on rear side and back cover is removed.
Please check following link to view E Buffer board image and part number info that can be used to search/google to get replacement board price info..
http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn96-14982a-e-buffer-board.htm
I'm taking picture of connectors and board location in this TV and will post it in 5 minutes which will help you. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Please check following link to view an image of exploded view of board location in TV and E Buffer board is marked with red arrow..
http://i.imgur.com/QXVVS8M.jpg
Again, I'm sorry about delayed reply.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible that its the connections just need to be cleaned? Either way thanks for your help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, is there any soldering that I will have to do or is it un plug and plug in the new one?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Board replacement is plug and play type work, no soldering is needed and yes, unplug ribbon cables on E Buffer board, clean the contacts of ribbon cable, replug and check if it helps or need to swap E buffer board, another possible suspected board is logic control board which is rectangular located on center of rear of panel and five flat ribbon cables are plugged into it.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance for the question?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be able to look into it later tonight and will message again if I need anything else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cleaned up the connections and now that part is done. However, I now have a solid black line across the screen horizontal. Also, more so when the screen is white, a pink haze takes over the white .
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, so got progress by cleaning the connections, nice!

Please check the ribbon on sides of screen where the black horizontal line appears and clean the connections, reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually did this before you responded and it worked. The only issue left is the pink haze. I ended up turning the VS Volt up and pretty much took it away. Since I assume the pink haze will come back again at some point, what part would I replace to get rid of the pink haze?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I hope pink haze would go away in few days as plasma panel tends to leave burn mark with stuck lines, please make sure to adjust the Vs volts as per printed on label pasted on back of panel. Glad to know that problem is resolved.

Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Shahid.