TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Connecting 10 yr old plasma to antenna and converter box

Customer Question
tuner. We get sound...
Connecting 10 yr old plasma to antenna and converter box tuner. We get sound or picture but not both at the same time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
8/1/2015
TV Technician: Steven, Technician replied 2 years ago
Steven, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you still need assistance with this?

Thank you, ***** ***** the model number of the TV?

We can't see it. It is a pioneer elite.

Unfortunately for me to help you I would need that to look up information, you may not need to use a converter box with the TV, you may be able to simply connect the antenna to the TV?

It doesn't have a coaxial input

Okay, how do you have the inverter box connected, the Yellow red and white composite input?

Correct

Okay so what do you see on the screen when you switch to that input on the TV? do you see the menu from the converter box?

The input switcher, I see the tv, but switching channels, I see the converter box

I am not following you? should be able to use the converter box remote control to bring up a menu that will allow you to perform a channel scan and lock in all the channels with-in reach of your antenna? have you tried this yet?

the problem is, we have the channels on input 6, but we can only get the volume on input 1.

You don't have it connected correctly, can you upload a picture here of the connections on the back of the TV you are using? you don't have a model number, I need something to go on?

It seems you have the video connected to a different input then the audio?

One sec... That's what it thought. I'll get a pic

Okay,

I can't upload it

Okay, the inputs should be marked, video 1 2 etc? you need to connect the Yellow (video ) and the two Audio (Red and White) to the same input ? you have the video connected to one input and the audio to a different one.

There is only one video input, and the red and white ones are together

What do you mean together? are they right next to the Yellow?

There are brackets above the red and white indicating they should be put together. There are only red and white input s(about 4 sets of them) and then desperate from those is the yellow one.

The only way I can help you is if you upload a picture or get me the model number so I can see where you need to connect the cables too?

Ok

Once you get a picture uploaded or the model number I will help you get it connected correctly.

Louie, Technician