Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 32 inch Samsung model that is flickering I wanted

Customer Question

I have a 32 inch Samsung model that is flickering I wanted to cut the jumper but my code does not show a JP 854. What is the correct code for the 32 inch I don't want to cut the wrong
Category: TV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got the code JP 854 online and it was for the 55 inch.... how to resolve a flickering TV on youtube
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
You just can't conclude that because you have a flickering issue you have the same issue as another set, all sets are different and even the flickering could be different, that flickering you read about is ONLY applicable to that set and the 60 inch model, so can you please describe what this flickering is like?is it like a brightness flicker or strobing (like the other set)or something else?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is strobing and flickering. It is constant, no break in the issue meaning that it doesn't actually go away it just does it a whole time the TV is on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was able to find out online that this is very common issue for samsung older model TVs and that this specific jumper should have been cut by them prior to being sold however it was missed in the process and many TVs were sold without this jumper being cut. It's very clear on lying that the 55-inch she would cut the JP 854 however on my TV I have a JP 846 , JP 847 and JP 849. I tried to look at the menu online it's only able to be seen in a PDF file and I don't have PDF access for my cell phone or tablet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Clear * online, not lying sorry
No not for this set....
If you insist on believing that I will opt out thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Opt out? Will another tech advise?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hi, As Anthony pointed out- there isn't a jumper on this model that can be cut- that only applied to a few select model numbers in a certain series. Many folk read online and think that EVERY Samsung has a jumper you can cut to fix this issue- simply not true.
On your model the power supply board needs to be replaced to fix the flickering- and that is the only way to correct this issue as this model does not use a feedback jumper to give logic to the backlights- that's all controlled on the Mainboard.
So if you want to repair this set, then what you need to purchase is the power board. To locate the power board, pull the part number off the board in your set and use that in a Google search to find a replacement.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your answer I don't want to mark low towards you... This is not what I expected, I thought it was just a code I could try but $33 is alot to pay just to be told to buy a power board. Is there a way to discount the cost of the question
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

You're welcome.

I have no control over the cost or the answer- the answer is what it takes to fix the TV. I'm an independent tech- not a site employee, so am not even privy to what you've paid. I would suggest going to the home page and contacting customer service for any billing issues.