Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My mother-in-laws tv is not turning on! It is a Samsung model LN32A450C1DXZA. Stand by LED

Customer Question

My mother-in-laws tv is not turning on! It is a Samsung model LN32A450C1DXZA. Stand by LED is illuminated as well as the Samsung logo on the front however melody does not sound off and screen is black! This happened after a brown out or blackout the other day! I'm guessing there was a spike in the grid that potentially did the damage! I haven't opened up the back and do not have the tv in front of me but am familiar with changing components which I have done for my own TVs and have 20 yrs experience as an electrician so have tools and know my way around electronics! Without tearing into anything my best guess would be that the power supply or tcon has been blow out! Would this be a correct assumption or do you think there are other potential issues?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Hello , thanks for the request.
Usually a power brown out or spike will take out the power board and it definitely could be the case here but a few questions first ;
Beside the fact that it does not come on , does the tv respond to the power on/off command ?