Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Our TV and DVD player have picture, but no audio. We looked

Customer Question

Our TV and DVD player have picture, but no audio.
We looked at the TV set up and the Audio speakers are greyed out,
but they are in the off position.
Can you help me to reset it so that I can get sound?
Dianne
Bothell WA
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first note this please;Website charges if you ask for phone call = $18 ADDITIONAL ( not total ).That being said , could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?What is connected to this tv ?Cable converter box,dvd,games etc. ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable box and a Blue Ray DVD player. We prefer a phone call at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I accepted your request but that failed .In any case right now it will not be useful .Could you please lookup your tv`s model number located on the back cover ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You claim to have several technicians available, it doesn't have to be Jack. Please reroute my request to another tech.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
What seems to be the problem here with me ??I will opt out if that is what you want
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Model of the TV is N850L440NA14Serial No 0830K2V3MD04463
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then that would be NS-50L440NA14
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
You lost the sound on both the dvd and cable box all of sudden while watching it or did you change something ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We tried to fix it by changing input cables, but that did not work. So put back to original posiiton.
However, as I stated on the TV settings, Audio Speakers are in OFF position but because they are greyed out, I cannot change it to on. That is the issue
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Yes but often the audio will not be adjustable if the source (cable box for example) has no audio , that is why I was asking if both units had the same problem and if so then we`ll look at the tv itself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack are you still there?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
yes , just sent you a reply above
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I have something for you to check now if you are here ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Cable guy was here this morning all connections are fine, he verified it was the setting for audio on the TV itself.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then this info would have been welcomed to start with , anything else I should know ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am standing by for your direction, and please don't be a smart ass.
Its very difficult without talking on the phone, as our computer is in a different room from the TV. Why are you unable to call, you charge enough for it.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
goodbye now . I will repost your question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does that mean you are not going to walk us thru this issue? Or are you implying that you will call us back or text us back.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Jack has opted out, meaning he is unable to continue with you, and is offering an opportunity for you to continue with another expert such as myself. I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. Upon your acceptance, we can begin talking that way.Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan, I'm standing by for your phone call at(###) ###-#### ***** call and direct me as to how to reset the Audio speakers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I'm attempting to, but the call request seems to be failing on your end, either from a payment or site issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call my husbands phone,(###) ###-####
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You may have to increase your deposit amount if paying by paypal, etc so that the call request can go through. I'm not able to complete the call until the payment issue is resolved, I'm sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We put a card number in at the beginning, where do I enter payment information now? At the very beginning of this long stream?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure why it isn't going through. I've sent a note to customer service to ask them to resolve the issue from their end. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
As soon as customer service can resolve the issue I'll call you right away. Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So the credit card didn't go thru?I'll try another. Give me a minute
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Received confirmation the new card went thru. Waiting for your call
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Can you click on the request call button once more please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I"m here, the request timed out, I'm asking you to click on that request call button again, so that I can try to accept now that your payment info is updated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive pressed Phone Call Request three times.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Still not processing on my end, we'll let customer service resolve it
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Call completed, issue resolved. Thank you for your patience. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan