TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My sony tv cannot detect my device that i connected.

Customer Question
my sony tv cannot detect my device that i connected.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.
KDL-32EX400
I was trying to install a roku device
OK, is there any other device hooked to HDMI input of TV and working fine?
No other devices are connected.
are you still there?
Yes, I'm here and working on it.
Connect the HDMI cable in Roku device and plug it in HDMI-1 input of TV, what happens when push Input button on TV remote and select HDMI-1 input in source list?
Do you get Roku screen on TV?
No, my tv cannot detect a device. I tried syncing it with the tv and it still don't work. I followed the manual to the tee.
OK, it seems HDMI video inputs are skipped (disabled) in TV settings.
Please press Menu the go to Settings icon and go to Setup option and find Label Video Input option, select it and select HDMI-1 input and give it a label such as DVD etc this will enable the HDMI input.
Push Menu button to close the menu screen, now press Input button and select HDMI-1 input, does it work now?
Please reply back with the result.
Thanks.
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician