TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My smart tv is stuck on one channel and will not switch to

Customer Question
another channel....
My smart tv is stuck on one channel and will not switch to another channel.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with the TV.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Do you use cable box remote to change channels or it is Vizio remote?
Thanks.
It is a cable box remote to change the channels. I use the Vizion to turn the set on.
It will bring up the guide, but when I click on the guide it says changing to the HD and then goes back to the original channel
Thanks for the info.
In this type of connection setup, cable box is video source and TV used as monitor that means TV itself would be fine as it being shown picture of cable box and rest of functions being done with in cable box like watching different channels and recorded programs etc.
Please reboot your cable box, unplug cable box power cord from wall outlet/ power source for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in, give cable box little time to reboot properly and check.
If problem still persist then call the cable service provider and ask them to replace the cable box.
Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
I tried unplugging it but did not leave it unplugged for 5 minutes before plugging it back in.
I can reboot this cable box from their website. Do I unplug it after the reboot?
I will do all of this, and reply back. It will be disconnected when the cable company reboots.
That ok?
OK< please try it for 5 minutes and this should resolve the issue, just in case it doesn't fix the issue then your cable box would have got internal failure and cable box would be replaced by service provider as TV itself looks fine because it shows picture of cable box.
Sure, try to reboot the box from website then unplug its power cord for 5 minutes.
Thanks.
No, it did not solve the problem at all. It is just the same. Please cancel any further service and refund the 28.00 payment. It should have been 7 days free service.
OK, do not rate the answer and leave it as it is, contact customer service at***@******.*** for refund.
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician