TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

JVC TV MODEL AV-27GFH WHEN TV IS TURNED OFF THEN BACK ON TV

Customer Question
JVC TV MODEL AV-27GFH...
JVC TV MODEL AV-27GFH WHEN TV IS TURNED OFF THEN BACK ON TV GOES TO CHANEL 80. HOW DO I CHANGE THIS?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
7/29/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
HelloWelcomeThanks for the Question How are you viewing TV services please satellite/cable box/cable straight no box/antenna? Anthony
satellite
satellite requires the tv to be on channel 3
OK so really the set should be starting by coming on in that input mode, what input are you using for the satellite please?HDMI/RCA? Anthony
AAgh so you have the satellite box connected via the set antenna input?
YES
OK I see, you may need to do a reset of the TV and re-tune, but before we do that do you know you are watching the box in the worst possible viewing format?If there is any other input like even composite video of red/white/yellow this is much better than antenna? Let me know if you wish to go that angle Anthony
CONNECTED TO DIRECT-TV BY SATTELLITE DISH
Yes I know that but the box will be connected to the TV and as you have already indicated its via the antenna what I am saying or trying to give you is a win-win situation, if you swap the input to at the very least red/white/yellow this will solve your problem AND give you better pics
PICTURE IS PERFECT WHEN ON CHANNEL 3 BUT WHEN YOU FIRST TURN ON THE TV IT ALWAYS REVERTS TO CHANNEL 80 AND YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE TV CHANNEL BACK TO CHANNEL 3
On the remote control should be a button marked R
Press and hold that button or it may be marked RETURN PLUS until you see return cancelled on the screen
Let me know what happens
SORRY SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU NO REMOTE WITH TV ONLY SAT REMOTE
You need the TV remote unless the button marked R or return plus is on the front of the set
Otherwise you will need to revert to my original suggestion as a workaround
CHECKED EVERYTHING NO RESET
IF I GET A UNIVERSAL REMOTE WILL IT WORK
No you need the remote universal wont work you can get a remote for the set a copy one by http://www.emtcompany.com/jvc-av-27gfh-remote/rc64.html Clicking the above Please remember to rate the answer positively thank you Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician