Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Well i have a apex ld3288m tv that i bought a power supply

Customer Question

well i have a apex ld3288m tv that i bought a power supply for online but the place said they ran out of the board i needed but instead they would send me another one that is compatible but when i got it the plugs dont fit right
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, This is ind of a tricky question- since we have no idea what board they sent you.
What is the part number off of the old board in your TV please (it's silk-screened on the board itself)?
Also what is the part number of the new board?
What piece of plug did you cut off- this sounds important?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i threw away the old power supply sorry but the one they sent me that is supposedly compatible came from china and the part number is ***** i think
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the part i cut off was the plug that goes to the power supply where it says 5volts power grnd, etc. i just cut off the extra spaces where it didnt have any wires so it would fit
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Let me ask why you replaced the power board to begin with? What exactly was the TV doing then?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well there was no power at all not even the standby light was on
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay. This set uses a possible 4 different power supply boards- and they are not interchangeable. We really need the original part number of the power board you threw away- or we may not be able to fix your TV.