TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I do not know how to tune in my new TCL TV, model number

Customer Question
Hi, I do not know...
Hi, I do not know how to tune in my new TCL TV, model number L32D2700. If I go to the main menu, I can see the different options such as ATV, DTV, SOURCE, SETTINGS. I cannot connect to an outside aerial so I bought a CREST indoor digital TV antenna, which I have plugged in to the aerial out socket in the back of the TV. I cannot see any options for auto tune to commence. All I get on the TV is no signal?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
7/26/2015
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, how far away are the TV broadcasting stations? Would the indoor antenna be able to pull in the signals? Have you tried the antenna closer to the window facing the general direction of the TV broadcasting stations?
Have you tried the "Automatic Channel Setup"?
MENU / Setup / Channel Install / OK / Automatic search / OK / Digital / OK
Hi, I don't have the option of "Automatic Channel Setup" when I go to the main menu the options I have are, ATV, Multimedia, DTV, Source, EPG, Setting and PVR. if I go to ATV or DTV, all that comes up is the date and under that it says "no information" then under that it says ATV or DTV (depending on if I've chosen ATV, or DTV. The TV broadcasting station is about 15kms away (i think). I have also tried moving the indoor antenna around with no luck. Thanks
Can you please try the MENU button at the right side panel of the TV itself and post back the displayed selection?
Yes, I have pressed the menu button on the TV and the displayed selection has the options of ATV, Multimedia, DTV, Source, EPG, setting and PVR.
For some reason it would seem that as if the SOURCE / Input is engaging rather than the MENU.
Would it be the same using the remote's MENU button?
Have you tried pressing the TV button first on the remote and then the MENU button?
I just went into the main menu, then selected "setting" and just found how to go to automatic setup. It seems to have tuned in to a couple of channels but signal is a bit poor (ie pixels break up) I suspect that I may have to hook up to the main antenna outside. Thank you for your help.
Unfortunately yes; "...signal is a bit poor...ie pixels break up..." would be indicative that the antenna is not efficient enough to pull in strong broadcast signals hence an external antenna would be to your advantage.
Louie, Technician