TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Tim, I have a 65" 2007 Mitsubishi TV. Don't have the mode

Customer Question
Hi Tim, I have a...
Hi Tim, I have a 65" 2007 Mitsubishi TV. Don't have the model. Will get it, just hard to move it from the wall. It is stuck with the yellow led light on. Timer...
Timer light
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Mitsubishi WD-65835
Serial Number 100905
Believe it was a 2007 Modle
Tried to turn it off and the timer light is constant on yellow. Cannot reset or anything.
7/25/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Did you take out the lamp form TV recently that caused the yellow light On issue?
Thanks.
No, changed the lamp about 2 years ago.
Left it unplugged for a day and it comes on with the yellow timer light lite. No blinking, solid light.
OK, there are three small LEDs on TV, Lamp-Status-Timer.
Which one turns to solid yellow when turn On the TV?
Timer LED is solid yellow, when TV is plugged in.
I'm sorry, there is no info available about timer LED for solid yellow as it can blink/steady in green only.
However, Status LED can have solid yellow or flashing red and Lamp LED can be flashing yellow or solid red.
Please recheck on TV what LED lit solid yellow.
Thanks.
Timer LED is solid yellow. Doesn't look green. I had my wife look at it also. Solid yellow Timer LED.
I cannot turn the TV on or off, reset or anything. The only way to turn it off is to unplug.
This is odd, lets try to read out error code in TV..
Please press the front panel “INPUT” and “MENU” buttons at the same time, and holding for 5 seconds, activates the Error Code Mode. The “TIMER LED” flashes denoting a two digit Error Code, for example; 3 blinks then 2 blinks means code 32 and this code repeats 5 times.
Do you get any error code from TV?
No no response from the Tv at all
OK, I have no idea what it could be so let me opt out and it will open the question to other experts to have a look, hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you.
You won't need to do any thing but just wait for other expert.
Thanks.
TV Technician: TV Tech1, Technician replied 2 years ago
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
It almost sounds like you got hit by a power surge. Did you? On the front panel is a SYSTEM RESET button, did you push that button or just unplug the TV for 20 minutes? The system reset button is better. The KEY is to report to us IF THE GREEN LIGHT BLINKS FOR THE FIRST MINUTE AFTER RESET OR NOT...That tells us if the micro is alive and running. Next -- Those lamps on the front tell us the condition of your TV set. The last tech was thrown by the color and the actual LED that was lit. Me too. That fail code does not exist but there is one code that matches your statement. The yellow one shown in this picture --
Read my previous post above first, then respond to these questions, ok?If the TIMER is truly yellow, we deal with the system control circuit, otherwise it's that HEAT related problem. Concentrate on verifying1] The green light blinks for one minute after system reset.2] The yellow light IS / IS NOT the Timer LED
The TV is locked up, as I have said before. I have tried to reset, nothing happens, everytime I plug in the TV the yellow timing LED comes on, nothing else is responsive. I plugged the TV in, held the the reset button for 20 secs, nothing happens. Yellow LED timer light still on. Nothing else to report.
TV is plugged into a surge suppressor, but there wasn't any storms in the area the night the TV broke.
Well, I suspect that IF it's the TIMER LED, not the STATUS LED, then your TV's main board has failed.Part # 934C282003Expensive -https://www.encompassparts.com/item/7727731/Mitsubishi/934C282003/Pwb-main_(V39)_GA little less costlyhttp://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-934C282003-PCB-Main/dp/B00AK4MVO4Another option -http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-934C282003-PCB-Main/dp/B00AK4MVO4Personally, if you have a LOCAL Mitsubishi Authorized Service center in your town...I'd call them and see what price they would sell it to you or at least see what they would charge to come to your home and replace the TV's main board, parts/labor/and trip charge. I would charge $ 300 total if you lived within 75 miles of our store. TOTAL. That's why I think you should see if there is a Mitsubishi Authorized servicer in your area.
It is the Timer LED, I have the back of the TV off and nothing comes on in the inside of the TV. No lamp, fans or anything. How would I tell for sure, if it is the main board and not the power supply board?
TV Tech1
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician