Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Samsung LED UN40F5500AF the screen is black but it

Customer Question

I have a Samsung LED UN40F5500AF the screen is black but it does have sound. It seems to have a back light issue. When you shine a flashlight on the screen you can see the images. I have replaced the power supply with the LED transformer in it but still
the same issue. It will power on and the indicator light flashes 5 times.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sorry you're having trouble, I have to tell you this the way it is ....the main-board has a play in the control of the back-light so you could try that however its more likely to be the back-light array itself that's causing this and that is not an option to change because its firstly not available and if it was its not an easy replace anyhow in most cases back-light failure is not an option.
I am sorry for poor news
Let me know if you need more info
Anthony
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I would be interested to know if you still require any more help with this please?
If not could you please rate the answer positively so I receive credit from the site thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar with this post.
Its just a note but this same service done in a shop would cost $100
Thanks again
Anthony