Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Tv had lightning surge burn mark where hdmi cable hookup. Replaced

Customer Question

Tv had lightning surge burn mark where hdmi cable hookup. Replaced that board. Have power but no picture, sound and menu won't display have a power suppy board coming not sure if that's problem now I see another board that feeds both sides of tv that appear to go across screen board has TB867AA427G45C-AA4 on it could it be this board and is this good number? Model number of tv is PN51E530A3FXZA
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you.Please note that lightning strike can damage multiple boards in a TV so do not expect it a simple fix, please provide following info to troubleshoot the issue.- Does screen glow/ show any light when turn On TV?- Do you have multimeter and can check volts on circuit boards inside TV?Thanks.