Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Colby 40" led flat screen tv. When I attempt to turn on the

Customer Question

Colby 40" led flat screen tv. When I attempt to turn on the HDMI 1 shows and then switches toDVI with no picture or sound. TV is approximately 2 years old. Model 4026. Just started doing this hours ago. 10:39pm 07/22/15. How
Do I correct this problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. - What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cable. The DVI only occurs when I am on HDMI. When I switch to TV, AV, or Component I also can not see a picture or sound.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Unplug, cable, tv from wall. Waited over 10 min. Same issue.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, does TV own menu screen come up if push menu button on TV or its remote?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I can access the menu and have even tried resetting to factory settings with no luck.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Is it possible for you to connect another video device such as DVD/Bluray player in HDMI input with different HDMI cable?This way we can confirm HDMI input of TV is working or not.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I Try this tomorrow.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, take your time and reply back with the result to continue troubleshooting.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, unplugged cable from TV, changed hdmi cable, still no pic or sound. Still getting DVI no signal error.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Did you try DVD/Bluray player in HDMI input of TV as requested in previous reply?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, forgot. Don't have a blue r6player. How about a ps3
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
PS3 will also work to test HDMI input of TV.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I've tried everything you suggested to no avail. Please let me know what else I can try or what the possible issue is in one response. I appreciate it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Eva
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to hear that Eva, it seems HDMI processor/ video processor chip failure that is why no picture appears of any video source hooked to TV, this chip is mounted on main board which needs to be replaced in TV to resolve the issue.Please check following supplier link to see if they can provide replacement main board for the TV as currently it is out of stock or search/google it with part number 002-LT23-7612-00R for price and stock info to order it..http://www.shopjimmy.com/coby/ledtv4026If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://www.tvrepairpros.com/I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** fixed the problem. It was my cable box. I am having the box replaced tomorrow. Lesson learned. Appreciate your patience.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
humm, sounds good that TV itself is OK and cable box found bad that we have already tried to reboot, good to know that cable service will replace the box which will resolve the issue. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.