Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 39 westinghouse tv model dw39f1y1 and its turning

Customer Question

I have a 39 westinghouse tv model dw39f1y1 and its turning on but no picture
Category: TV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
something will flash for a second
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just replaced the power board per jack's instruction
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, it's been a half hour since I ask my question. any progress?
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Hello againYou got a bad board , return it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, I'll order another board.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
o.k
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I put on a new board. Same thing. Power button comes on a quick blink on picture, then blank. Blue light stays on.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Ok then to tell you frankly ,I don`t know anymore .This model is rather odd and the only parts or info I can find on it are definitely not what`s in your tv .Remember your first post how much difficulty we had to identify that board ??The board you have has everything but the kitchen sink built-in as far as I can see .It has the power supply and main board all in one anyway and who knows what else ??As I said I get zero info on this particular version of this model .If I had to guess then I would say that your backlight inverter is the culprit now and even the t-con or worse yet the lcd panel itself.Sorry but I cannot go any further in this context , I would need to be there with tools and meters.I will opt out and perhaps another tech. here has seen this particular version , just make sure to mention that this is not the standard dw39f1y1 but the one with this board in it;http://www.ebay.com/itm/UPSTAR-P32ES8-MAIN-BOARD-TP-MS3393-PB851-SYER3518-T006-B0EI320WX1-BP32ES8-/261879699923 You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.If no one comes around then ;http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
By the way , looking back at your original post , the tv was dead and now it just doesn`t stay on so we are looking at another board which I cannot find